Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Resolutions for a New Year

Happy New Year!

I hope that everyone had a good Christmas and that 2010 will be a good year for you. Well, it's the start of a new decade. That's right - a new decade! Where has the time gone?

Do you make resolutions at the start of a new year? When I was younger, I did. Then I stopped, because I didn't want to wait until the beginning of a new year to make changes in my life. I thought that I should do it as needed.

But I've come to realize that the whole point in making a new year's resolution is to make sure that you take the time to think about what changes you want to make. It's too easy to get caught up in everyday life and not think about what you really want, what your priorities are or what your goals in life are.

So, my goals for the next year (and to make them a habit so that I keep doing them) are to exercise more and make more time for craft projects. I have a tendency to put these things off for later and then never getting to them.

Hmm, right about now that little voice in my head is telling me to make my resolutions more specific so that I'll be more likely to accomplish them ... I'm doing very well in ignoring the voice, but we'll see how I am with fulfilling my new year's resolutions. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment