Thursday, December 17, 2009

More Christmas Ornaments

Well, Christmas is just around the corner and I'm still making more Christmas ornaments. Maybe I'll stop once Christmas is actually over ... maybe. For these ornaments, I used plain, clear balls and filled each one with something different.



For the first ornament, I filled it with small pieces of yarn cut into different lengths. I used 6 different colours. After I cut the pieces, I simply placed them in the opening at the top. Once it was full, I replaced the top piece. I think this was the easiest ornament I have ever created!

For the second ornament, I put little snow flakes in it. Of course they are fake, but they are still very pretty and enjoyable! I only filled the ornament partway, but you could fill it to the top and have even more snow flakes to enjoy!

For the third ornament, I used a scrapbooking punch and four different coloured sheets of paper. After I punched out the design several times from each sheet, I put the punched out spiral shaped pieces in the little ball. For this one, I again choose to fill the ornament partway. I think it makes the spirals stand out more.

There are lots of different things you can use to fill the ornaments with, so feel free to experiment and try something new. Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment